10. ALWAYS look out for bicyclists.
9. Keep cash for the bus, and that cute vegan coffee shop two blocks away. Hippies aren’t big fans of credit cards and consequently a lot of local shops are cash only. (Not to say all locals are hippies though!)
8. People, unfortunately, do not walk around campus doing “The Bucky.” That reminds me, I really need someone to teach me how to Bucky.
7. Willy St. is short for Williamson St. and you look like a dweeb if you don’t realize that. I was a big dweeb for the first seven days.
6. No seriously, did you check that blind spot? There is probably a bicyclist right there.
5. Midwesterners are awesome, enough said. We are the friendliest people you will ever meet, especially if you meet on the bus.
4. A balanced Wisconsin diet is composed of three primary food groups: beer, brats, and cheese. I think even the vegans find a way to make it work.
2. Entertainment is cheap: walk out your door and you’re bound to find something happening within a five block radius at any given time. (Warning: it probably involves at least one of the aforementioned food groups.)
1. I really need to buy a bike. If you can’t beat em, join em!